home page Contact Us

Home
Directions
History
50th Anniversary
Past Presidents
Golf Course
Golf Shop
Tournaments
Leaderboard
Club House
Weddings & Banquets
Swimming Pool
Becoming A Member
Contact Us
Photo Album
Calendar
Crestwood Kids
Crestwood Womens Golf
Useful Links

Crestwood Dining

Dinner Menu
All Occasions
Breakfast Specials
Breakfast A La Carte
Kids
 
Site Map
Staff

For members...




Administration Login
 
History
click to print this pageprint this page

Crestwood CC History


Crestwood Country Club was originally organized in 1958 by ten couples as a family club.  The ten couples were:

  • Mr. & Mrs. Gordon Angwin
  • Mr. & Mrs. Maynard Angwin
  • Mr. & Mrs. William Daugherty
  • Mr. & Mrs. John Mackie
  • Mr. & Mrs. Edward McNally
  • Mr. & Mrs. George Nettels Jr.
  • Mr. & Mrs. William Miller
  • Mr. & Mrs. Edwin Phelps
  • Mr. & Mrs. Hughes Spencer
  • Mr. & Mrs. William Spencer.

The official incorporation took place in April 1958. The club house and swimming pool opened on July 4th 1959. A 9-hole golf course debuted in 1960.  The golf course was expanded to 18 holes and re-designed by golf course architect Floyd Farley in 1977.

 

 

 Other milestones:  
 1968   Clubhouse expansion and remodel
 1973 - 1976   1100 foot well was drilled to supply irrigation for the golf course.
 1977   Club house expansion, tennis courts and 18 hole golf course completed.
 1983   The club celebrated its 25 year anniversary with a July 4th celebration.
 1991 - 1992   Rebuilt three greens, expanded and remodeled the Club house, expanded irrigation system and paved Golf cart paths. $350,000.00 bond issue.
 1996   Crestwood wins Kansas Cup event. Spikeless shoe policy implemented.
 1998   Crestwood celebrated its 40th year of incorporation with a party honoring the Charter Members.
 2000   Golf course architect Larry Flatt designed a conceptual drainage plan for the golf course.  This plan included expansion of our large lake west of the club house and numerous drain basins with underground pipe to take water away from the course.  Small sections of this plan will be completed on an annual basis. 
 2001   The fifth major clubhouse project began with the construction of a new metal roof, covered pavilion, north entry and restrooms.
 2002  

The clubhouse project continued with improvements to the existing dining rooms, restrooms and new furniture.  The new facilities were christened with a grand opening party in May.

 2006   New bond issue and improvements being planned including lake renovation. 
 2008   The Club's 50th Anniversary was celebrated with a celebration weekend.  A tribute to the founding members, original charter members and past presidents was held on Friday night where a Commemorative portrait was dedicated.   
 2011    Grand Opening of the New Practice Facilities took place on May 21, 2011. 
2013   Refurbished dining, bar and south restrooms.  Pavilion area upgraded and enclosed.